everActive NC1000 PLUS
- Charge - 200, 500, 700, 1000 mA - default 500 mA
- Discharge (D) - 100, 250, 350, 500 mA
- Refresh (DC) - 100, 250, 350, 500 mA - keeps discharging and charging until no further increase in discharge capacity is detected
- Test (CDC) - 200, 500, 700, 1000 mA
Charges 5% more into the cell than it says. Discharge reads 8-9% higher.
- Discharge mode leaves the cell discharged - suitable for measuring remaining capacity in cells, even in in non-rechargeable ones
- the lowest 200 mA charge rate terminates on voltage (1.48V) instead of -dV. Some cells don’t reach 1.48V at 200mA though, so watch out
- does not reject batteries with high internal impedance and thermal protection does not seem to work - I have seen battery temperature as high as 67°C
- Discharge and Test modes are inaccurate - they read 15% higher
- Refresh did only one DC cycle and showed both discharge and charge capacity
- Had an internal resistance meter
- Was more accurate
- The 12V DC adapter had longer cable
If this charged had better accuracy it would be my favorite charger even with the missing thermal protection.